We’re winding down the first full week of September with some big wins. Topping the list of winners is Shirley Pugh of Walkertown. She’ll get $50,000 a year for two decades after she won $1 million playing 50X The Cash. She plans to use the money to boost her retirement.
“I never dreamed that something like this would happen to me,” Pugh said. “It will be wonderful to have a reliable source of extra income every year.”
She bought the winning ticket at the Laxmi Food Mart on Reidsville Road in Walkertown.
Rebecca Simmons of Kings Mountain will be able to finish remodeling her home after she won $200,000 playing Powerball.
“We’ve been remodeling our home one room at a time for the last 12 years,” Simmons said. “We’re down to one room, and this will let us finish it as well as add a deck and do some landscaping.”
Her husband bought the winning Powerball ticket at the Linwood Family Mart on Linwood Road in Kings Mountain.
Timothy Bolick of Reidsville plans to take his family to the beach after he won $200,000 playing Powerball. His win came during one of the biggest weeks of his life. He turned 62, won $200,000, and celebrated the birth of a grandson. He bought the winning ticket at Week’s Grocery on Barnes Street in Reidsville.
And Julian Epps of Roxboro plans to get a new zero-turn lawn mower after he won $100,000 playing Mega Bucks. He bought the winning ticket at the Oxford Pitt Stop on Outer Loop Road in Oxford.
Here’s a look at some of the other prizes players won this week:
Two players won between $20,000 and $25,000
- Tracey Freeman of McLeansville (Double Match)
- Kenneth Mccrory of Youngsville (Scoop the Ca$h)
Sixteen players won $10,000:
- Addie Shields of Fayetteville ($200,000 Taxes Paid)
- Ashley Chavis of Laurinburg ($1,000,000 Taxes Paid)
- Corkey Slaughter of Roxboro (Million Dollar Fever)
- Corwin Barbee of Albemarle (Mega Fortune)
- Heidi Vandyke of Erwin ($4,000,000 Diamond Dazzler)
- Jeffrey Garrett of Whitakers ($4,000,000 Diamond Dazzler)
- Joan Rose of Pikeville (50X The Cash)
- Kelly Brown of Gastonia (Million Dollar Fever)
- Larry Vincent of Burlington (Million Dollar Fever)
- Margo Morrow of Southport (Million Dollar Fever)
- Natusha Harris of Raleigh (Millionaire Bucks)
- Scotty Decker of Newton ($4,000,000 Diamond Dazzler)
- Thomas Beck of Siler City ($5,000,000 Mega Cash)
- Tina Sharp of Edenton (Millionaire Bucks)
- Veronica Reynolds of Willow Spring ($5,000,000 Mega Cash)
- Walter Gibson of Richlands (Million Dollar Fever)
Twenty one players won $5,000. They’re from Beaufort, Burlington, Charlotte, Durham, Hamlet, Hudson, Knightdale, Madison, Mooresville, Morganton, Nashville, Roanoke Rapids, Rutherfordton, Smithfield, Spring Lake, Supply, Wilmington, and Zebulon.
Until next time, have a fun-filled weekend.
Login to leave a comment.
Congrats to all WINNERS Always count your Blessings and let your cup overflow to others
Yes I agree Western NC seems to always be out of the loop..