A dream vacation and a new Ford pick-up truck are among the plans for some of our state's newest lottery winners.
David Brantley, a Vietnam veteran from Henderson, won $750,000 playing Jumbo Bucks. And he had a clear idea what he planned to do on his way home from lottery headquarters. “In 68 years I’ve had cars, but I’ve never had a new car,” the Vietnam veteran said. “Wiley David Brantley is going to get a brand-new Ford pick-up truck.”
For Reginald Caldwell, a food manufacturing supervisor from Charlotte, a $200,000 lottery prize in the "$" game means taking a much-needed break from the mixing room at his job. “It’s been six years since I’ve been on a real vacation,” he said. “I’m going to take my 16-year-old daughter to Charleston.”
Another winner from Charlotte, Kelly canestrare, won the $590,477 jackpot in the May 2 Carolina Cash 5 drawing. She bought a lucky Quick Pick ticket at the Friendly Mart on East Seventh Street in her hometown.
In Duplin County, Eloise Caraway became the most recent player to win $100,000 playing Mega Bucks. She bought her winning ticket at the Phoenix Mart on South Norwood Street in her hometown of Wallace.
Debra Evans of Jacksonville won the top prize of $75,000 on a $3 Bingo Boxes ticket. With her claim, two top prizes are still in the game.
Seven players won between $20,000 and $50,000:
- Celeste Price of New Bern: $20,000 (5/12 Mega Millions draw)
- Sharon Geiger of Winston-Salem: $25,000 (Scoop the Cash)
- Edna Sturdivant of Albemarle: $25,000 (Scoop the Cash)
- William Greene of Enfield: $30,000 (Triple 7's)
- William Hall of Concord: $50,000 (Carolina Millions)
- Jessica Williams of Chapel Hill: $50,000 (Junior Big Ol' Bucks)
- Michael Woods of Yanceyville: $50,000 (5/10 Powerball draw)
Eight more players scratched their way to $10,000 prizes:
- Zeferina Arreola of Belmont (50X The Cash)
- Lisa Deason of Bessemer City ($5,000,000 Mega Cash)
- Angela Gilchrist of Hamlet (20X The Cash)
- Bernard Hood of Nebo ($5,000,000 Mega Cash)
- Mary King of Warsaw (Mega Fortune)
- Kenneth Stone of Hurdle Mills ($5,000,000 Mega Cash)
- Sheila Taylor of Wade ($5,000,000 Mega Cash)
- Doris Williams of Clinton ("7")
Shona King of Pineville won the top prize of $7,000 on a $1 Lucky 7's ticket.
Eight players won $5,000. They were from: Fayetteville, Garner, Hiddenite, Hope Mills, Lumberton, Mooresville, Nashville, and Randleman.
Hotter temperatures are here, and we hope good luck warms up to you soon. Until next time, have a fun and safe weekend.
Login to leave a comment.
Congrats to all WINNERS Always count your Blessings and let it overflow to others