Four tickets split Monday’s $214,928 Cash 5 jackpot

We are intrigued to find out more about Monday’s Cash 5 winners. Four lucky tickets matched all five winning numbers drawn to split the jackpot and win $53,732 each.

The winning numbers were
1-5-12-20-21. Is there something special about those numbers to these players, did they Quick Pick them, or some combination of the two? We are wondering because it is rare to have a four-way split.

The winning tickets were sold at the following locations:

• Murphy USA on Caldwell Farm Road in Belmont (Gaston County)
  • Fast Shop Food Mart on West Prospect Avenue in Raeford (Hoke County)
  • Quick Chek on North Main Street in Troy (Montgomery County)
  • Randy’s Citgo Old N.C. 86 in Hillsborough (Orange County)

Whoever has the lucky tickets has 180 days from the date of the drawing to come to one of our regional claim centers to collect their winnings.

The next Cash 5 Bonus Bucks drawing is coming up. To be eligible to win the Aug. 14 drawing, make sure to get a Bonus Bucks entry with your $5 Cash 5 purchase before the clock strikes 12 on July 30. Good luck, everyone!

On 7/22/2014 02:09, bkearney220 said

4 Cash Five winners,Really! From 7-5-2014 until 7-20-2014 ALL the last numbers on Cash 5 tickets have been in the 30's and all of a sudden a 21 is hit.The first # 20 in all the drawings in this time frame also?????Lucke-Zone RepliedYou can take any set of numbers - after the fact - and look for some kind of trend or pattern. But its all the result of random drawings :-)

On 7/22/2014 02:25, LottoPlayer said

My guess is they are mostly birthdays of children born in 2012. Just a guess.

On 7/22/2014 05:17, Player said

Congratulations to all the winner

On 7/22/2014 05:28, Player said

I'm next.Been playing my family birthday's.I'm not giving up.Cash five here I come.

On 7/22/2014 07:24, Player said

look folks, if you live anywhere but charlotte east, you are probably NOT going to tap into a huge scratch off prize. not the lottery folks will tell us about population, sales, distributors ordering more tickets than other places, yet they have to know where the big winners go. they will toss out all the statistics comparing one county to another...but bottom line is 1,000,000 is a far cray from 1,000 or even 10,000. I say we begin a boycott of the games and use social media to pull it off or better yet, begin a web site that documents winnings across the state. Winnings not based on total dollars won, but big prizes and where they tend to be purchased. Hands down, folks, its primarily, if not almost exclusively, the eastern part of this beautiful state. Thank you.Lucke-Zone RepliedPick any county you want and we will be glad to show you how it stacks up to a higher-population county in terms of the % of prize money won compared to the sales in that county.

On 7/22/2014 10:06, usvet said

"Is there something special about those numbers to these players, did they Quick Pick them, or some combination of the two?" I was under the impression the NCElottery's computer system would generate the winning tickets location to include orgin and computer pick or player pick?Lucke-Zone RepliedThat information is probably available if we asked our gaming systems people about it, but as the communications staff (who writes blogs) we are just waiting to meet the lucky winner so we can find out!

On 7/23/2014 12:34, Player said

Will win real soon, I feel it..

On 7/23/2014 12:37, Player said

Cash 5 and power ball will go down today I feel the money coming..

On 7/23/2014 08:30, Player said

CONGRATS TO ALL

On 7/23/2014 08:39, 1rock2king said

my guess is one was a quick pick, the other 3 was their picks! I have special numbers I play every draw! Some times 2 matches, rarely 3 numbers matching, no 4 of 5 matches at all. Still play them all every draw! Good Luck everyone! Have a nice day!

On 7/23/2014 11:41, Player said

Ahhh, my hometown has won something...Hoke County...sad to say, that I wasn't the winner! I hope that person is a generous friend or family member??

On 7/23/2014 02:17, Player said

Can we get other places on the map to win big money!!!Lucke-Zone RepliedWell, we had four lucky tickets from four different places in this drawing; what town and county do you live in?

On 7/23/2014 06:35, catbeachgirl said

PLAYER....I totally agree with you! I'm supporting the SC lottery from now on....I've asked over and over again about winners in Calabash and always hear about New Hanover county or someplace north of Calabash. I certainly can't drive all over the state and especially around Charlotte or Raleigh to play the lottery...all I can support is retailers in/around Calabash. No more though.....

On 7/23/2014 09:06, aj moye said

Boycott if you want...the rest of us will be winning while you're at it. Try taking a drive to one the "winning counties" try your luck..hopefully you will win "BIG."

On 7/23/2014 10:21, Garden suns said

Has anyone who plays online ever won over 600.00?

On 7/23/2014 11:05, Jallie said

Some counties will get a big winner maybe once or twice a year. Big money goes east near the capitol. What about us westeners?Lucke-Zone RepliedMost of North Carolina's 10 million citizens live east of where you live. But it's not easier for them to win the lottery than you, or anybody else. Just ask a Lucke-Zone member who lives east of you :-)

On 7/24/2014 03:29, jeepman41 said

There is no pattern to the drawing, Quick Picks win more drawings because more people use them.

On 7/24/2014 05:51, Pat said

I have matched 4 out of 5, 6 times and all by quick picks. I play everday and my win is coming soon!

On 7/24/2014 05:56, Player said

I'm curious to know how the subscription stats are stacking up. Any big winners for those of us who are using the "paperless" version? thanks!

On 7/24/2014 09:36, mamacatz said

Quick picks are ok for those who don't care to choose numbers, but it's still about 50/50 as to what numbers win. Your own picks are just as good or better than the computer's.

On 7/24/2014 09:42, Player said

did you reload tickets or unload cant win nothing around kannapolisLucke-Zone RepliedIt takes a lot of luck to win a lottery prize no matter where you live. We've definitely had some winners in your neck of the woods, though. Copy & paste this link for more info: http://bit.ly/1kYpB4H

On 7/24/2014 10:15, Player said

On Cash 5.How much do you win if you match 3 or 4 numbers. Just give me a example on a jackpot.Lucke-Zone RepliedIn Wednesday's Cash 5 drawing, the jackpot rolled. There were 30 tickets that matched 4/5 and won $321 each and 1,121 tickets that matched 3/5 to win $5 each. You can check out the details for all drawings on our main website.

On 7/24/2014 01:52, Sandy said

i'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR YEARS HAVEN'T WON YET!

On 7/25/2014 08:42, Matt said

Regarding the lucke-zone, is it possible to have more smaller jackpots vs a larger one in hopes of having more people win something? Instead of one $50k, one $150k, or one $1 million second chance, how about ten $5k, ten $15k, or 10 $100k winners. I've played the second chances since the launch of the lucke-zone to no avail. Since it has grown in player volume, is it possible to create more smaller second chance prizes?Lucke-Zone RepliedWe sometimes do offer a larger number of smaller prizes for certain drawings or games. But the drawings and games with larger prizes are very popular with players.

On 7/25/2014 11:16, Player2425 said

Have anyone ever won the lottery in Rocky Mount NC before? If so I never heard about itLucke-Zone RepliedDefinitely. Here is a link you can copy & paste for more info: http://bit.ly/1l6XZuj

On 7/25/2014 07:25, kholton said

Has any of the winners came forward yet? was the tickets quick pick? Havent seen any posting for it yet.Lucke-Zone RepliedAll four winners did claim their prizes. Since the individual prize amounts were not $100,000+, the communications team didn't have a chance to interview the winners. You can read their names in the blog posted on Friday, 7/25.

On 7/26/2014 09:54, 1rock2king said

The thing about your own picks is you must play them for every draw! I have birthday's and anniversary numbers I do play for every draw be it PB,MM or Cash5. Two sets of my numbers... As of yet nothing to brag about on winning. But I must keep playing them, cause I would sure hate it if I didn't and they came out on me! Good Luck everyone!

On 7/28/2014 09:35, 232232 said

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WON THE CASH5 J/P A FEW YRS AGO...HE LIVES IN DAVIE CO..IM JUST GLAD IVE BEEN WINNING SOME LATELY..IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT PART OF NC YOU LIVE IN.YOUR ODDS ARE THE SAME !!! AND GOING TO SC OR VA YOUR ODDS ARENT ANY BETTER DUH..I PLAY THE DRAW GAME WIN 4 LIFE IN VA..I LOVE IT...STILL HOPE THAT NC WILL COME OUT WITH A GAME LIKE THAT 4 US....ITS ONLY 1.00 PER PLAY..I HIT 5/6...THAT COULD BE A NC ONLY GAME...

On 7/28/2014 09:44, 232232 said

SOMETHING ELSE A LOT OF YOU PROBABLY DONT KNOW..ON YOUR PLAY SLIPS YOU CAN PICK PART OF YOUR OWN NUMBERS THEN MARK QUICK PICK OPTION THE COMPUTER WILL FINISH PICKING THE NUMBERS...IT SHOULD BE ON THE BACK OF OUR PLAY SLIPS I HAVENT SEEN IT THO......IT IS ON VA;S PLAY SLIPS

On 7/28/2014 09:10, 232232 said

OH YES I ALMOST FORGOT I HAVE HIT 4 OUT OF 5 NUMBERS ON CASH 5 ....2 TIMES...I HIT 1 AND 3 NUMBERS...SO IT DOESNT MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE LOL......I LIVE IN DAVIE CO...SO FIGURE OUT WHERE THAT IS IN NC

On 7/30/2014 03:12, JackpotWinner said

I recently registered on Luck-e-zone but my ACH transaction does not seem to be going through. How can I cancel my account/subscription? I am not able to locate the option to close my account. ThxLucke-Zone RepliedThe transfer can take days to go through, but if you have questions please call technical customer service at 855-767-1863

Winning Wednesday's Monopoly