Big tickets win big prizes across the state

It was a big week for lottery players, so let's get to it!

Two men from Charlotte claimed $2 million prizes in the Powerball game this week. John Ames and Stephen Wright matched all five white balls in the March 1 drawing.

Talk about beginner's luck! Cindy Reeves of Wilmington won a $1 million prize playing the new $4,000,000 Multiplier Spectacular game. It was the first lottery ticket she had ever scratched.

Joe and Toni Thomas moved to Wilson ten years ago to enjoy retirement together. After Joe scratched off a $150,000 prize in the Green & Gold game on Saturday morning, the couple says they will relish retirement even more.

Finally, a textile worker from Rockingham County plans to buy a new car after winning $100,000 playing MONOPOLY.  “I thought I had won $100," said. Jakequlyn Dalton of Madison.
"Then I saw that comma and I started hollering right there in the parking lot.”

Here are the lucky players who won big playing instant scratch-off games this week:

Shelton Sutton of Fayetteville won $50,000 playing Junior Big Ol’ Bucks.
Gerald Deaver of Lumberton won $10,000 playing $120 Million Cash.
Sylvia Degraffenreaidt of Siler City won $10,000 playing $200,000 Grant.
Deborah Earley of Cofield won $10,000 playing Cold Hard Cash.
Jerry Humphreys of China Grove won $10,000 playing $1,000 a Week for Life!
John Matthews of Wilmington won $10,000 playing $4,000,000 Multiplier Spectacular.
Shirley Moore of Rockingham won $10,000 playing $4,000,000 Multiplier Spectacular.
Ronald Payne of Belmont won $10,000 playing $4,000,000 Multiplier Spectacular.
Jerry Ross of Concord won $10,000 playing $2,500 a Week for Life!
William Tate of  Danville, Va. won $10,000 playing $4,000,000 Multiplier Spectacular.
Arthur Warren of Gastonia won $10,000 playing $1,000 a Week for Life!

That wraps up the wrap-up for this week. Stay safe and enjoy your weekend, Lucke-Zone!

On 3/14/2014 04:59, laura said

Congrats to you all..... I am a green and gold fanatic with having hopes of having luck as well.. lets keep playing..

On 3/14/2014 05:08, scorpionking said

congrats to all the lucky winners above. I'm keeping the faith I can move on up from winning a couple hundreds to a couple thousands. Thank you Lucky Zone for sharing the great news all week. Always a pleasure reading your post. 616 is my lucky number and it will show this month in the Pick3. EZzzzzz Money you all.

On 3/14/2014 10:17, Player said

good luck

On 3/14/2014 11:21, Player said

I had some matching numbers, am I a Lucke reward winner if I had physically played those numbers, pick 3. i had just pick the numbers, but I didn't play those numbers. Lucke-Zone RepliedLucke-Rewards has nothing to do with the numbers you play in a particular Pick 3 drawing. All winning and non-winning draw game tickets are eligible for Lucke-Rewards points that you can use to enter drawings.

On 3/15/2014 12:30, Player said

good luck to all winners.

On 3/15/2014 02:41, Missy069 said

I'll be next......lol

On 3/15/2014 07:04, Kimball777 said

Does anyone else find the 2 Charlotte Powerball winner thing a bit odd? Were both tickets sold at the same time, or on different days? Both winners wait almost the exact amount of time before claiming? Seems a tad fishy.

On 3/15/2014 08:45, Lucke-Zone said

On 3/15/2014 09:35, sv said

I want in too. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

On 3/15/2014 10:22, Player said

Way to go

On 3/15/2014 11:38, LuAnn said

Ive been winning a couple hundred on the $20 tickets, just won $500 this morning, hoping to turn it into something with more zeros!!!

On 3/15/2014 02:38, HireMeNASCAR said

Fishy? Just luck. Congratulate them.

On 3/15/2014 03:14, Player said

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE......

On 3/15/2014 03:22, Fraiser said

Congratulations to all the big winners. NC is an honest state and our lottery is run with integrity. keep up the great work NCEL

On 3/15/2014 04:22, babybumblebee52 said

I really need to win, can everyone pray for me? Thank You!!!

On 3/15/2014 05:54, Player said

Congratulations! !!

On 3/15/2014 06:19, Player said

pay those tithe offering

On 3/15/2014 06:25, Player said

good luck

On 3/16/2014 01:12, Ceddy34 said

Congrats to the winners hoping my lucky day will come hit a $1,000 on 120 Million Cash felt exciting to finally win something decent. But you can't win if you don't play

On 3/16/2014 01:44, Player said

Hi everybody it is time for another trip and definitely a quad so keep those numbers in.

On 3/16/2014 04:49, amandachatel said

I'm ready to win big its time to pay off I spend a lot playing pick 3 I know my big blessing of winning is coming!

On 3/16/2014 08:08, kferg said

After all of the scratch offs I play it's time for me to win a HUGE prize, Wish me luck !!!

On 3/16/2014 08:46, kferg said

I wanna win a HUGE prize !!!! Lets go !!!

On 3/16/2014 11:05, Player said

I'm hoping that I can win one day. Seems like small town winners are luckier.

On 3/16/2014 11:29, 1rock2king said

Here's Wishing everyone good luck! I'm so desperate to win big, I'm going to play them numbers on the Cash 5 EZ Match brochure. I'm writing them down to play today! Going to add them to my play list of numbers! Already spent 34 dollars last week, won about 5.00 dollars total. Starting over today[Sunday] to play another 34 dollars worth of Tickets for this week!! Y'all wish me luck!! Just close your eyes now and say good luck ROCK!! thanks y'all!!!!

On 3/16/2014 11:55, Player said

I believe soon I will hit it big --Lord knows I have tried hard enough!!!

On 3/16/2014 02:01, bigdog said

Congrats to all winners!-those types of big winning tickets don't exist in high point!-trust me! Fishy lottery!!

On 3/16/2014 02:58, bigdog said

I guess my comments was true earlier-is wasn't even posted-lol

On 3/16/2014 03:05, Player said

Congratulations to all the winners and winners to come. I can't wait to see my name up there with the rest of the winners.

On 3/16/2014 03:18, Player said

wish i could win just one time

On 3/16/2014 07:58, antoniosuggs said

I've hit 4 numbers on the cash 5 probably 10 times but haven't won a jackpot yet... it's very exciting to be looking at the ticket then realize I'm 1 number short again I just won 4 numbers on it again Thursday... I know my big jackpot is coming soon...

On 3/16/2014 08:41, bigdog said

Me too

On 3/16/2014 10:05, anniversary cash said

I;m still waitimg for the big money.wish i could win big.

On 3/17/2014 06:11, prioritymalenc said

I'm Ready to win BIG :)

On 3/17/2014 11:08, tabbycat35 said

I've definitely spent more money playing the lotto and scratch offs than I've won but my day will come! I wish everyone luck and winnings lol

On 3/17/2014 12:30, DBOYS2014 said

will we eventually be able to buy our p3 and p4 on subscription also i hope so Lucke-Zone RepliedIt's possible but there are no plans to add them at this time.

On 3/17/2014 12:51, mamacatz said

Whoever said fishy got it right. The lottery is a lot like fishing. Just need to cast your money in the right spot at the right time. The bait is that big catch like the first time player won!

On 3/18/2014 03:18, Dreamer said

I do find it a bit odd regarding the winners in Charlotte on the Powerball wins. 2 winners from the same store? Charlotte area in general seems to be winning a lot lately. Wilson only had the one winner of $150,000, one person won a million I think last year. Wilson doesn't get big ticket wins, if so, they are few and far between. No need to answer just stating a fact. I know it is a game of chance you say? Lucke-Zone RepliedIt's not easier to win the lottery in Charlotte than it is in Wilson. There are just so many more people in a big place like Charlotte taking a chance to win. The odds are the same for everyone.

On 3/19/2014 01:38, Player said

congrats to all winners....maybe someday..some1 will be telling me the same thing.....

On 3/19/2014 11:45, connie said

wish they would put some of them big winners down where I live it would be nice .... Lucke-Zone RepliedThe lottery doesn't choose which places receive winning tickets. It's all a matter of random luck. Good luck!

On 3/20/2014 07:01, 1rock2king said

The two winners did not know each other and the tickets were purchased on different days. It was unusual and the wins got careful review by our security team before the prizes were awarded. DO YOU KNOW IF THE TICKETS WAS BOTH QUICK PICKS, OR ONE WAS A QUICK PICK AND THE OTHER ONE WAS THEIR PICKS?Lucke-Zone RepliedNeither ticket was a Quick Pick.

On 3/20/2014 09:45, ALWAYSLOSING said

Just seen a lucky zone winner from Spartanburg south Carolina thought u had to b a resident of north Carolina..thousands of entries and someone with probably just a couple winsLucke-Zone RepliedYou do not have to be a North Carolina resident to win in a Lucke-Rewards drawing. Just buy your ticket in our state. Good luck can come to anyone with at least one entry in a Lucke-Rewards drawing.. that's how random luck works :-)

On 3/20/2014 06:39, Player said

Its time for NCEL to have a state lotto like FL. Jackpots start at 3 mill and grow into the tens of millions. Odds are more than ten times better then powerball.. Only a buck. Bigger jackpots more revenue.Im sure the statistics on cash five over 300k makes a good case...

On 3/21/2014 11:36, ALWAYSLOSING said

thousands of entries no win..

On 3/21/2014 01:31, 1rock2king said

Neither ticket was a Quick Pick!!!!! You mean to tell me that the two men did not know each other and they both had the exact same 5 numbers alike! Also Was bought at the same store, on different days!! Amazing! 3-8-25-30-47... I'll bet something like that happening is very super extraordinary!! Odds of Winning the Powerball or the Mega Millions are high enough, but two guys playing the exact same 5 numbers,just blows my mind! Congrats to them super odds to win!

On 3/22/2014 01:38, truth169 said

hey help me out here, I am confuse here, if my mm ball was the winner, and it was x5 what is my prize. Example I won the mm ball which was 10, the mm ball was x5. So I had 3 mm ball on one ticket, and two mm ball on another ticket, how come I thought I won 250.00, but one ticket brought in 30.00 and the other 20.00, I was like to myself what happen to the other 200.00. Help me out here players.Lucke-Zone RepliedPlease call our customer service folks, they will be glad to talk it through with you: 877-962-7529

On 3/23/2014 12:39, Cynthia said

been playing for couple weeks finally hit 100 on Grant and 50 on Jumbo bucks on the same day!! that was sweet but boy did it cost me!! I feel a lot better about my scratch offs now that I can have a 2nd chance on ones that don't hit.. I'm letting all know now I am going to be the next Big Winner!! Dreams and Wishes do come true so don't get discouraged KEEP PLAYING!!!! Congrats to all that have already HIT the Jackpot!!Lucke-Zone RepliedCongrats!!

On 3/23/2014 01:42, Player said

will Roanoke rapids every be put on the winning map....Lucke-Zone RepliedHere is a link you can copy & paste for some info about winners in your area: http://bit.ly/NK7Qva

On 3/23/2014 02:41, Manis said

That would be awesome to have NC state lotto. Even I have not been winning Big but $50 or less, except one time, won exact pic 3, I still feel my luck will come to hit the big Jackpot. When will NCEL state lotto start?Lucke-Zone RepliedThere aren't plans to add a six-number lotto game at this time; but in the meantime we have Cash 5 :-) Good luck to ALL....

On 3/24/2014 07:21, deliver said

I'm still waiting for a response on my 3 comments I sent in 3 comments in the past and never heard a replay and do not understand why.They were all good questions!!!Lucke-Zone RepliedDo you remember what blog entry you asked the questions on? Because we reply there... we do our best to respond to questions here on the blog but if you urgently need a response you should call player customer service at 877-962-7529

On 3/24/2014 11:47, Player said

I didn't realize that if you win $1M (or more) on a scratch-off ticket that you don't actually get that amount (less taxes) in a lump sum. Unlike the draw tickets, it is plainly stated under the jack pot amount. I have not seen this any where for the scratch-off tickets. I was just wondering if this is posted somewhere, and if so where would that be?Lucke-Zone RepliedFor any instant game where the top prize can be claimed as an annuity or a lump sum, it is printed on the front of every ticket. If someone scratches off a $1 million win, that prize can be claimed in annuity payments of $50,000 a year for 20 years, or as a one-time cash payment of $600,000. As you say, similar to a PB or MM jackpot :-)

On 3/25/2014 11:29, bkearney220 said

What state is the Mega Million drawings held?Lucke-Zone RepliedAtlanta, GA

On 3/27/2014 09:20, tawana said

Congrats to everyone!!! Especially my aunt Sylvia Degraffenreidt....glad someone in the family is having good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed!

On 4/09/2014 08:50, Player said

Who ever wins in any lottery drawing or scratch off card, congrats to you. In these times, it helps anyone, it's a blessing, just spend it wisely.

On 6/04/2014 02:11, Player said

Hi,I'm thinking of playing online Cash 5 and Powerball. Will I be notified if I win. Is there a cut of time to play onlineLucke-Zone RepliedFor lots of information on subscription, click on the "HELP" link at the top left-hand corner of the Lucke-Zone and click on the subscription tab.

Winning Wednesday's