Deadline nears for $50,000 ‘Bonus Bucks’ drawing

Attention Carolina Cash 5 players: If you want an extra chance to win as much as $50,000, don't miss the deadline for the next Bonus Bucks drawing. Cash 5 Bonus Bucks entry slips issued before 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 18 will be valid for the Oct. 2 drawing. In all, five prizes will be awarded: Three $1,000 prizes, one $5,000 prize, and one $50,000 grand prize.

It’s easy to be eligible to win. To get any entry slip for a Bonus Bucks drawing, make a $5 Cash 5 purchase in one of the two following ways:

• Select five sets of numbers for one drawing on a single ticket purchase
  • Choose one set of numbers for five drawings on a single ticket purchase

When you do this, an entry slip will be automatically generated (at no extra cost) along with your separate $5 Carolina Cash 5 ticket. Make sure to get your Cash 5 ticket and your entry slip at the time of purchase. Bonus Bucks entry slips issued after Sept. 18 will be valid for the next drawing, which will be held on Dec. 4.

To find out the five prize-winning numbers selected in the random drawing, check the Bonus Bucks page on the lottery’s website on Oct. 2, or call the lottery’s customer service hotline at 877-962-7529. Prizes won in the Bonus Bucks drawings must be claimed at one of the lottery’s regional claim centers, or by mail. That means winners’ names will be announced only after that process is completed.

Make sure you’ve got your entries before midnight on Wednesday, and best of luck to all.

On 9/16/2013 05:44, Red said

I have 22 entry slips. how many do you have ?

On 9/16/2013 06:42, Player said

Praying this is my win.

On 9/16/2013 07:20, latiere said

It is truly something that all of the winners for these drawings and the Luck-e drawings are continuously in the same area smh. Only one person in my county (Laurinburg) has won the drawing out of hundreds of Luck-e drawings and bonus bucks winners smh. I don't even have to win but I would like to see someone other than one person when I know a lot of people who are entering many of tickets to win. Something needs to change so that every county could feel like they have a fair shot and I'm not talking about scratch offs. I'm specifically talking about drawings.

On 9/16/2013 07:22, budgojr3838 said

Were the tenet sold

On 9/16/2013 07:58, Player said

Please keep us up to date on winners. Thank you

On 9/16/2013 08:19, brnsuga45 said

I'M FEELING REAL LUCKY!

On 9/17/2013 12:14, Player said

Wow! I wait for this every 2 months. Maybe some things will be answered for us.

On 9/17/2013 06:56, 1rock2king said

Here we go again! I have 8 tickets for this draw! I had about that many or more on all the other draws. Just hoping and wishing that this time these tickets will win for me! Might get one more before the deadline!! Good Luck everyone!

On 9/17/2013 09:07, Player said

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

On 9/17/2013 09:29, Lucke-Zone said

@ LATIERE - About 40,000 people live in Scotland County. More than 9 million people live in North Carolina. Anyone who is 18 years or older and plays the lottery has the same chance of winning a prize as anybody else, geography plays no part in it. The odds are the same for everyone. It's just that in high population areas, more players are taking a chance to win.

On 9/17/2013 09:30, Player said

I have collected 60 tickets so far. :-}

On 9/17/2013 09:59, Player said

I'm taking baby steps,i wabble this way & that way maybe my steps will come together.

On 9/17/2013 10:36, bigsister27 said

So many people need and want to win.I pray that some one who needs it the most wins. Good luck.

On 9/17/2013 11:22, mamacatz said

If it is your turn to win then you will!

On 9/17/2013 11:39, turbo said

Don't get your hopes up to high. There is almost 1.2 million entries so far. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. I'll take any win I can get. I won $50 on front pair of pick 4 again last night. 4th time since it came out. I didn't start plying the pairs the 1st full week it started. Each time I gave $25 back to the ncel & put $25 in my gas tank.

On 9/17/2013 12:32, IWONDAMONEY said

well said bigsister27 I so agree with you. Good luck!

On 9/17/2013 02:43, mchavrz73 said

I have like 50 Ticket's so far and I not a won so far I hope one day soon.:>) I hope win someing.

On 9/17/2013 03:13, Player said

well I wish all could win but its is a blessing for the schools

On 9/17/2013 04:00, turbo said

Red, I got 34. I plan on getting 1 more Wednesday. That might be the lucky one, I'm on a winning streak last 3 days in a row.

On 9/17/2013 06:57, Player said

This is the first for me and if i win im gonna spoil myself for the first time toooo. Whew hew

On 9/17/2013 07:23, Player said

It is just random luck!!

On 9/17/2013 07:40, Player said

good luck 2 us all :-)

On 9/17/2013 08:14, Patricia said

I had 73 entries in the summer cash did not win nothing..I always put in alot of entries but never win I am to quit playing because if you have 73 entries and someone only has one they are the ones to win why is that lottery people?

On 9/17/2013 08:15, Player said

I will accept any amount I can get. It is a good feeling to know you have won something. It makes you feel lucky and special. Come along for the ride. Reggie

On 9/17/2013 08:26, shaking said

by by feel good tonight

On 9/18/2013 07:39, Player said

Seems like I win less often on scratch tickets than before the second chance drawings started. Does that change the odds?

On 9/18/2013 07:47, Player said

it would be really nice to win something, not asking to be a millionaire, id be happy just winning enough to pay off my debts!!! so im keeping my fingers crossed

On 9/18/2013 09:37, Player said

well guys I had 292 tickets in and I haven't received an email saying I won.

On 9/18/2013 10:22, Winner said

Good luck 2 you all that plays the Cash5!

On 9/18/2013 10:47, burdog1 said

I heard the lottery was invented for those of us who are horrible at math. Goode thang mi Inglesh is STRONGE! HEHAR! Good luck all.

On 9/18/2013 11:41, Lucke-Zone said

@ PLAYER (BINKYMOM1) - The prize money won in Lucke-Rewards drawings isn't a factor in the odds or amount of prizes won playing scratch-off games.

On 9/18/2013 11:42, Lucke-Zone said

@ PATRICIA - How could you possibly know if a winner in a Lucke-Rewards drawing entered once, ten times, or 100 times? There were more than 3.4 million total entries in the third and final Hot Summer 2nd Chance drawing... each entry, including your 73 entries, had exactly the same chance of winning as anybody else's.

On 9/18/2013 12:00, boo75 said

I will win.

On 9/18/2013 02:10, Alphonso said

I have $9,360,000.00 but I am still looking to win the first prize of $50,000. Most likely I will win :-)

On 9/18/2013 04:18, nccrazys said

Seems more winners come from Mom and Pop stores, than Big name grocery stores Like harris teeters....seems ODD

On 9/18/2013 04:34, Player said

I post a comment on here and you all do not post it.I guess you don't want everyone to know the truth. EVERYONE does not read this so I will start putting it in the news paper so everybody can read it.

On 9/18/2013 04:52, millicent said

I think the whole thing is fun and I look forward to checking numbers every day with my friends.

On 9/18/2013 05:05, puddinpop said

i only have 6 entries,but hey it only takes one to win

On 9/18/2013 06:48, Claude said

I have 37. Third time's a charm

On 9/18/2013 07:01, Player said

Just want to be like every body else never know what can happen to anyone.good luck.God bless all.

On 9/18/2013 07:02, Liliane said

no comment

On 9/18/2013 07:54, 1rock2king said

I just had to get one more ticket for the bonus bucks drawing on OCT, 2ND!! 10 total now!!! good luck folks!!!

On 9/18/2013 07:57, Henry said

Last night ABC news reported major changes to MEGA Millions to start on or about October 22nd. Mega Millions will keep its $1 ticket price, but the extra $1 option will be expanded to allow players to increase their secondary prize total to between $1 million and $5 million, a major increase from $250,000. Is any of this true? If yes, when will info be provided in Luck E Zone on the changes?

On 9/18/2013 08:09, Lucke-Zone said

@ HENRY - We posted a blog about those changes back in July. Here is a link you can copy & paste for more info :-) http://bit.ly/1enQOtB

On 9/18/2013 08:13, Lucke-Zone said

@ PLAYER (REDCHEVY) - We have posted dozens of your comments where you have stated your opinion that the lottery is not run fairly. Each time, we responded to your comments with information about how the lottery works. The Lucke-Zone is the lottery's players' club - its a place for people who like playing the lottery to talk about it. You can call our player customer service toll-free if you have more questions. 877-962-7529

On 9/18/2013 09:55, baddcatt326 said

I have 5 on the bonus bucks.I'll get a few more.Had 420 entries in the Hot Summer,no win.

On 9/19/2013 02:01, Player said

I HOPE ONE DAY I WIN BUT MY LUCK IS JUST NOT GOOD SO GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE.

On 9/19/2013 06:52, Shugihill said

I have about 20 tickets, maybe mine will be the one this time. Would love to be able to quit my part time job and enjoy my weekends again.

On 9/19/2013 07:32, Rayne0524 said

Some people will never be happy. There will always be critics, especially if they don't win. Is there a way to enter my Cash 5 entry tickets on here, like we do with the scratch-offs?

On 9/19/2013 07:47, Player said

why should i leave a comment ? it is never posted !! i have 2 entries, but what does that mean? just that i spent money i shouldn't have !!!!!

On 9/19/2013 08:46, 1rock2king said

well someone waking up 400 million dollar richer in SC! I didn't have a number matching at all! better luck next time, I hope!!!

On 9/19/2013 09:32, GoodMoneyG said

I can understand everyone who feels discouraged from playing the NC lottery; I too feel this way at times. In the past, I reflected on the lottery as the perfect/ultimate solution for my pecuniary and social problems - It isn't. That is the problem for most of the players who come on this board, and relentlessly bash NCEL for the winning percentages/locations; It's a personal sourness within. I know how it feels to wake up in the morning, check dozens to maybe even hundreds of tickets and *NO CIGAR*. You've lost! That was a part of the game you didn't come to terms with, prior to playing. You had euphoric/optimistic thoughts on winning and in that very moment of losing, you feel stripped. Theirs avid players who pound the pavement, week in and week out playing draw games, scratch offs, and raffles just to get a 'lump sum' of money; Taking a dollar or 10 and making it multiply 1000 times over. The allure of the lottery!

On 9/19/2013 09:42, Red said

the best part about "lucke-zone" is that someone WILL win. might not be you or me, but someone. that's what makes it fun. keep up the good work lucke-zone staff. don't let the naysayers get you down. the rest of us love you !

On 9/19/2013 09:55, Player said

Will NCEL have any 1.00 scratch tickets coming out next month.

On 9/19/2013 09:59, Sandy said

heard last nite the odds are gona change thats the best thing you could have did maybe all opf us will have a lot better chance. Also glad someone in S.C won the lottery at least it not up north Thanks

On 9/19/2013 01:36, Lucke-Zone said

@ SANDY - If you're talking about the changes coming to Mega Millions, we posted a blog about that a couple months ago. Here is a link you can copy & paste for more info: http://bit.ly/1enQOtB

On 9/19/2013 01:37, Lucke-Zone said

@ PLAYER (BJEANK) - There is a new $1 game coming out on First Tuesday for October! It's going to be called "Fast 5's" - good luck to you!

On 9/19/2013 01:38, Lucke-Zone said

@ RED - Thanks for the kind words. We are always rooting for you guys to win!! :-)

On 9/19/2013 01:42, Lucke-Zone said

@ GOODMONEYG - You know the saying: All things in moderation. Too much of anything isn't a good thing, etc... We really want the lottery to be a part of life in North Carolina where a lot of people play a little. For fun. So we can have big winners, and support education. We encourage EVERYONE, whether they have a lot of money to spend on entertainment or not a lot of money to spend on entertainment, to know how the games work, have realistic expectations based on the odds, and to only play so long as it's FUN. Thanks for taking time to leave your comment.

On 9/19/2013 01:45, Lucke-Zone said

@ PLAYER (WILLIENNC) - We have posted your comments before. You just have to check back on the blog where you posted it. Your username, WILLIENNC, is not the same as your screenname, which is the default "PLAYER" ... if you would like to see your name appear with your comments, go into your Lucke-Zone account and update your name. Here are two links you can copy & paste into your browser to see your questions, and our responses: http://bit.ly/1aa5KeY + http://bit.ly/1a7nLtG

On 9/19/2013 01:46, Lucke-Zone said

@ RAYNE0524 - When it comes to the Cash 5 Bonus Bucks drawings, the entry slips that are issued are not tickets that you can enter for Lucke-Rewards points. You can, of course, enter your actual Cash 5 tickets for points.

On 9/19/2013 01:50, Lucke-Zone said

@ NCCRAZYS - If you scroll through the "WINNERS" page on the lottery's website, you'll see many winners from all different kinds of places.

On 9/19/2013 03:43, 1rock2king said

I concur with GoodmoneyG and Red! I do wake up every morning to check my tickets. But the thought of this might be the day to win it big to be able to travel and go places I've never been, then I check my tickets and there are no winners on them, but sometimes there are smaller wins on them, that gives me a glimmer of hope that the next ticket just might be the one. But I look forward to getting my tickets for the next drawing. I play special numbers all the time, and quick picks on the rest. I might write in some numbers from the last draw, kinda like picking numbers from what was drawn from the last plays. I get some right and some I don't get right. But it's all good! Thinking of what It would be like to win the Lottery!! Hope all of you have a good day!

On 9/19/2013 09:09, Player said

All I know is the NCEL gives people another chance to win in the second chance lottery. And you should be thankful. They don't have to have a second chance lottery.Everyone is not going to win. Do you realize how many people are playing. Just be patience and wait your turn .I haven't won yet. I'm waiting my turn.I enjoy playing. Keep up the good work NCEL.

On 9/20/2013 09:29, Player said

Looking forward to playing the fast 5's next month.

On 9/20/2013 12:37, Lucke-Zone said

@ PLAYER (BJEANK) - Thanks for taking time to leave your comment.

On 9/21/2013 11:27, Player said

I have a question on the 5 for 500 drawing.Can you enter only one time?

On 9/22/2013 12:40, Player said

Elizabeth City is all over the map in the 2nd Chance Drawings????

On 9/23/2013 01:04, Lucke-Zone said

@ PLAYER (GANDOLPH) - You can choose to use your Lucke-Rewards points however you want... use them to enter one drawing one time, one drawing multiple times, multiple drawings multiple times... or save 'em!! :-) However you decide, good luck to you