The biggest winners of lottery games this week claimed $1 million prizes.
One of those prizes belongs to Robert Bryson of High Point. Sitting in his car outside the Kangaroo Express on Westchester Drive on Friday, Bryson scratched his 20X the Money ticket and realized he won $1 million. He drove home immediately to share the good news with his wife, Leigh. They spent the weekend looking at the ticket.
A couple from Cary claimed the other $1 million prize. After Bradley Junell scratched off $1 million on a $10 MONOPOLY ticket, he left it underneath his wife Diane's pillow. “When I saw the ticket I had to look at it over and over,” Diane said. “I could feel my heart coming through my throat. Honestly, I’m just waiting for someone to pinch me and wake me up.”
Other players claimed big prizes on scratch-off wins this week:
- Willie Harris of Roanoke Rapids ($50,000 - Cash Spectacular)
- Gwendolyn Bynum of Zebulon ($25,000 - Rockin’ 5’s)
- David Outwater of Chinquapin ($20,000 - $4,000,000 Gold Bullion)
- Taylor Ford of Burlington ($10,000 - Ruby Red 7’s)
- Willie Ray of Seven Springs ($10,000 - Cash Spectacular)
- Stacey Ritter of West End ($10,000 - Ruby Red 7’s)
- Kevin Rowell of Charlotte ($10,000 - Jumbo Bucks)
- James Service of Albemarle ($10,000 - 10X the Payout)
- Angel Vargas of Four Oaks ($10,000 - MONOPOLY)
Several Carolina Cash 5 jackpots were won or claimed. Thursday's $272,453 Cash 5 jackpot was won by a ticket sold at the Shell Food Mart on Freedom Drive in Charlotte. George Clements of Raleigh and Edward Smith of Jamestown won $56,172 each in the March 29 drawing. Amazingly enough, a different Edward Smith, this one from Bessemer City, won $50,000 in the March 26 drawing. William Woody of Marion claimed his $25,000 share of the March 23 jackpot. In all Cash 5 players combined with Pick 3 and Pick 4 players to win more than $3.9 million this week.
Heading into the weekend, the annuity value of the Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots are estimated at $50 million each. You never know when North Carolina might get its sixth-ever multimillion dollar jackpot winner. So, good luck to you whether you're scratching or matching and see you next time here in the Lucke-Zone.
Login to leave a comment.