Weekend jackpots rock and roll

10:25 AM

If you were on jackpot watch this weekend, you saw the Cash 5 jackpot hit on Saturday night while the Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots left the $100 million mark even further in the distance.

The $355,410 Cash 5 jackpot was won by a lucky ticket sold at the JMS Food Mart on East Raleigh Boulevard in Rocky Mount. The winning numbers for the drawing were 7-20-24-28-36. The winning ticketholder has 180 days from the date of the drawing to come to lottery headquarters in Raleigh to collect the prize money.

The Mega Millions jackpot rolled Friday night to an estimated $114 million annuity ($86.4 million cash) for Tuesday’s drawing. A ticket sold in Charlotte matched four white balls and the Mega Ball to win $10,000. That ticket was sold at the Little Rock Food Mart on Little Rock Road.

On Saturday, a big Powerball jackpot got even bigger. While no ticket matched all six numbers, North Carolina players won $170,561 in total prizes. Players with a ticket for Wednesday’s drawing have the chance to win the $165 million annuity ($107.7 million cash).

Best of luck to all our players in this week’s drawings.

On 4/29/2013 11:56, DLG84 said

thats right down the road from me...good luck to the winner #godbless

On 4/29/2013 12:14, elisabeth said

I think many of us would be happy c $1 million, let alone $107.7 million! SMILE

On 4/29/2013 01:25, wecobu said

I Need A Winner Bad For My Grand Baby, And My Church.

On 4/29/2013 04:15, Player said

I would love to win to be able to open up a nice dog rescue shelter, assist families in need, and get us caught back up. I love helping others. I only wish I could financially do it to those who have lost everything due to house fires, etc. and those who are struggling in this economy. Best Wishes :)

On 4/29/2013 04:19, 1rock2king said

YUP!! had 3 numbers correct on this draw,my numbers I picked..12,16,24,28,36..Just needed the first two numbers,7 and 20 to win. I did Win 5.00 dollars for three numbers. That's the closest I have been in a long time, most of the time I only win two numbers right!Congrats to the winner!! Sure wish it was me!

On 4/29/2013 04:58, scorpionking said

The powerball jackpot this Wednesday is all for someone in NC to WIN. The winds of powerball luck is blowing across the NC mountains. I hope it blows in my direction. Good luck to all NC PB players on Wednesday night.

On 4/29/2013 08:55, DNice said

Congratulations to the winners. I was a winner as well on scratch offs which I play from time to time. I played before I left to go on vacation and won $400 and when I got back I decided to play a pick 3 number and got lucky. Congrats to all including me lol

On 4/29/2013 09:56, bhagiya said

All NC Lottery players Wish you all the best to win Jackpot.Think posetive and purchase lottery.Certainly,ya gonna win.I want best of luck as well as good wishes to win jackpot from all of you.Than You.

On 4/29/2013 11:28, 0214 said

thank you jesus for their blessing however, touch them lord so that they do the right thing by themselves as well as bless others

On 4/30/2013 06:20, CandiC said

good luck everyone! Ill be in the draw for Wednesday :)...hopin to WIn!!

On 4/30/2013 06:33, Player said

I need a win because am unemployed,but good luck to all.

On 4/30/2013 07:25, Gabby said

GOOD LUCK TO ALL,HOPE WINNERS GET GOOD IVESTMENT TIPS,SAVE.GOD BLESS

On 4/30/2013 08:30, mamasheart said

I just wanna be able to pay my light bill! My Mom lives with me, she is on oxygen and we just found out she has cancer. Not able to work cause I am taking care of her...can't afford to really play lottery anymore! Could really use the money but luck just doesn't follow me....I am glad for the winners tho, I am sure they need it just as much as I do! Guess I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening! God Bless to all!

On 4/30/2013 09:42, Player said

Good luck to everyone playing. Hope it comes our way.

On 4/30/2013 01:00, slick rick said

Ithought JMS was not allowed lottery anymore.Good Luck to whoever managed to steal it.

On 4/30/2013 01:51, Player said

What ever the will of the lord IS, I WILL BE CONTENT!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT WHOEVER WIN BLESS THOSE WHO NEED IT... BECAUSE I WILL.... GOD BLESS!!

On 4/30/2013 04:17, Lucke-Zone said

@ MAMASHEART - We are very sorry to hear that your mom is not well. Best wishes to you, her, and your family.

On 4/30/2013 07:22, Player said

how many do u have to match on cash 5 to win something lol new to this

On 4/30/2013 08:31, Player said

I need a win to save my home. My husband passed away two years ago and left me with a big Mortage.I received his last pension check Dec 31,2012.Please help me keep my home.Tnank you.

On 4/30/2013 10:38, Player said

Best wishes to all that enter the lottery. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family always. I hope that you have a good recovery.

On 5/01/2013 05:44, Player said

I'm waiting for my day,that's a blessing!

On 5/01/2013 08:19, elma said

To all Lottery Players- hang in their when its your time and your not expecting it Lady luck will happen to you....dont give up

On 5/01/2013 08:27, Player said

Hello I. Am in the game to I am not able to work got hurt on the job need to win to god bless

On 5/01/2013 09:46, Player said

GOOD LUCK TO.EVERYONE HOPR THE WIND BLOWS MY WAY JUST HAD A NEWBORN BABY BOY 6 DAYS AGO GOT A CSECTION HAD TO GIVE MY CAR BACK TODAY I CAN NO LONGER AFFORD DA MAKE PAYMENTS SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING GOING DOWNHILL SLOWLY. CONGRATS TO ALL WINNER'S GOD BLESS U AN GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE

On 5/01/2013 09:54, Player said

i never won the lottery tict but if i do i want buy a house pay of my bill and buy another car and give my 2 kid some money

On 5/01/2013 10:50, davidkeith said

Seen a man won 100,000 for the second time, and split three million what a man , that does it for me , he plays for a hobby, I play for need. Been Aging since day one of the ncel, unemployed,being evicted house being foreclosed,got a fewoints to play off then I'm done, I know when I'm whopped, somebody with that kind of luck and I can't win anything to help, goodbye ncel.

On 5/02/2013 08:22, Lucke-Zone said

@ DAVIDKEITH + @ M9543 - There are so many things in life more important than playing the lottery. If you are facing big challenges, games of chance are never a strategy for helping with them... because while everyone has the same chance to win, there is never anything close to a guarantee of winning a prize, big or small. So, with that said, we certainly wish you the best with everything.

On 5/02/2013 08:32, Lucke-Zone said

@ PLAYER (WF) - You can visit our main website at http://www.nc-educationlottery.org - click on "GAMES - click on "CASH 5" for more info about the game. Or, you can copy & paste this link into your web browser. Good luck! http://www.nc-educationlottery.org/cash5_how-to-play.aspx

On 5/02/2013 01:47, Lucke-Zone said

@ SLICK RICK - The JMS Food Mart on East Raleigh Boulevard in Rocky Mount has always been a store that is in good standing with the lottery. The Cash 5 jackpot winner who bought the ticket there claimed the prize today at lottery HQ. We'll be posting the news on our website this afternoon :-)

On 5/02/2013 02:04, davidkeith said

Thank you for the words of wisdom, when luck is not with you do not play this game, people who don't need the money have all the luck or better odds of winning because they don't care if they loose.

On 5/02/2013 05:23, turbo said

Know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away.It is very hard to dig yourself out of a hole. DO NOT spend your $$$ on the lottery unless you have extra. It is just like the stock market and poker. Do not invest more then you can afford to loose. Most likely you will loose!!! Nothing crooked or bad about it , that's just the facts. Keep a roof over your head and food on your table first and foremost !!!!!

On 5/02/2013 08:49, Lucke-Zone said

@ TURBO - That's pretty good advice! With games of chance, in North Carolina, another state, playing the lottery, or at a casino... there's always a chance to win, which is what makes it fun :-)

On 5/03/2013 09:56, davidkeith said

Lol, all you people who hand out advice, I'm not unemployed, homeless or hungry, I just want to tell the lottery to put some winners in the lesser populated counties , when I read about that man in Forsyth county winning big money three times , that is bs on the lotteries part, they can put tickets anywhere they want to they put them in more populated counties , more players(duh). So for the gambler keep your advice keep playing this crooked game, your downfall will come.as for NCEL, you are loosing one, but you'll gain 100 suckers.

On 5/03/2013 02:20, Lucke-Zone said

@ DAVIDKEITH - The lottery doesn't "put winners" anywhere; it's all just a matter of the odds of winning playing out. In places where more people play the lottery, those odds play out more often. But nobody, no matter where they live or play, has any better or worse chance of winning a lottery prize. Just look at the winner's board, the "News" tab on our website, or our blogs about winners - they're from places big and small all over the state. Your earlier comment made it seem like you were unhappy playing the lottery, so our words were just meant to express that the lottery can be fun but its not nearly as important as the most important things in life. Best wishes to you

On 5/03/2013 03:45, davidkeith said

Ok i will look at the board, ncel isut games where they can make the most money.. That is the way to make money more people more sold. 'preciate the well wishes,i know when to quit, can't win in Davie county, not gonna drive to Forsyth , guilford or Charlotte to better my odds, I like playing, just don't like seeing 1person in 1 county Win that much I know when to quit. So long ncel, I'll drive to sc or va when the lottery reaches a big amount like I did before the ncel.

On 5/03/2013 04:37, Lucke-Zone said

@ DAVIDKEITH - Take care David

On 5/03/2013 06:52, davidkeith said

Well said, I will

On 5/03/2013 08:53, turbo said

Wow, I don't get it.I buy my tickets on the way home from work. I don't drive anywhere just to buy tickets. What a waste of gas! I have won several times (500-5k) all in my small town of Denver NC! I have fun playing the lottery and sharing stories with my buds at work. We are always either in front or behind the guy who bought a winning ticket. I'll take the high road on this one. Thank you NCEL for bringing the lottery to NC!!!!

On 5/04/2013 12:16, Rebecca said

my husband and I have been struggling to have a home for nearly 10 years and habitat doesn't seem to care at all. currently live with family and that's a freakin nightmare! we need a place to live so we can raise our two boys.

On 5/06/2013 11:30, davidkeith said

Of course you win over 500, Denver , outer banks popular vacation spot, not like a county next to nowhere, which I love. Done talking, it don't happen here, I hate that, just don't win here in the foothills, have fun people.

On 5/06/2013 01:28, Lucke-Zone said

@ REBECCA - We're sorry to hear about those stressful challenges. We spend a lot of time here in the Lucke-Zone talking about lottery games, which can be fun, but its our hope that those more important things in your life can be resolved.