A barber from Greensboro is the third and final player to win $1 million instantly playing the Holiday Millions scratch-off game. “I knew there weren’t many Holiday Millions tickets left out there so I had to get one,” Williamson said. “I took it to a friend’s house and scratched it. When I saw it said a million, I couldn’t believe it. It still hasn’t hit me, really.”
Players from Raeford and Salisbury are the other $1 million winners in the game. Now, all eyes turn to the Holiday Millions second-chance drawing for $3 million – the largest second-chance prize in state history. As of this week, more than 239,932 entries have been made into the drawing. The deadline to enter is 11:59 p.m. on March 31, with the drawing to be held April 3.
Another big winner this week is Cosme Padilla-Lanza, a construction supervisor from Rose Hill. He scratched off a $750,000 instant prize playing Jumbo Bucks.“I saw that I had matched the number but I thought I had maybe won five hundred dollars,” Padilla-Lanza said. “It’s unbelievable.”
Two more players scratched off $150,000 apiece. Halima Forth of Charlotte won playing 10X the Payout and Lumberton resident Wahana Chavis won on a Hot Streak ticket.
Heading into the weekend, the estimated annuity value of Saturday’s Powerball jackpot is $103 million ($64.2 million cash). Three Powerball players collected $10,000 prizes this week: Jeanea Hundley of Charlotte won in the Feb. 23 drawing, John Nicholson of Sanford won in the Feb. 20 drawing, and Dennis Campbell of Pittsboro won in the Feb. 9 drawing.
Mega Millions player Carlton Morales of Greensboro won $10,000 in the Feb. 22 drawing. The jackpot for Friday’s drawing weighed in at $19 million if taken as an annuity, or $14.1 million cash.
Speaking of jackpot games: The Carolina Cash 5 jackpot for Friday’s drawing is $687,000. It could be won by one or more tickets - or roll to an even larger amount for Saturday’s drawing!
In all, lottery players won more than $22 million in prizes this week, with instant players winning more than $17.6 million. Some of those winners are:
- Bobbie Garcia of Raleigh, who won $50,000 playing Bonus Crossword
- Charles Bowes of Alton, Va., who won $20,000 playing Power 7’s
- Denitia Wilson of Warsaw, who won $20,000 playing Power 7’s
- John Brewer of Wilson, who won $10,000 playing $5,000 a Week for Life!
- Samuel Curry of Swannanoa, who won $10,000 playing 20X the Money
- Bennie Edmundson of Wilson, who won $10,000 playing $5,000 a Week for Life!
- Santos Esperanza of Burlington, who won $10,000 playing $2,500 a Week for Life!
- John Horchak of Dallas, who won $10,000 playing Jumbo Bucks
- Olen Leonard of Salisbury, who won $10,000 playing Hot Streak
- Katie Moore of Charlotte, who won $10,000 playing Hot Streak
- Wyteisha Rogers of Elizabethtown, who won $10,000 playing $5,000 a Week for Life!
- Brian Tomlinson of Hampstead, who won $10,000 playing Cash Spectacular
That’s it for this week’s big winner wrap-up. Have a great weekend, and see you next time here in the Lucke-Zone.