Looking good: Cleveland County barber wins $5,000

Charles Queen of Kings Mountain said it felt great to win $5,000 instantly playing the $4,000,000 Cash Blowout game. He bought his winning ticket at the Circle P Food Mart on Phifer Road in Kings Mountain.

Queen, a barber, collected his winnings at the lottery's Charlotte claim center. There, he said he planned to put his prize money in the bank.

As of Monday afternoon, one prize of $4 million and three prizes of $1 million remain to be claimed in the $4,000,000 Cash Blowout game. Thousands of prizes of $20 to $20,000 – like the one Queen won – are still in the game, too.

On 2/18/2013 05:21, Player said

Congrats!

On 2/18/2013 09:04, MJSexymama said

congrats! hope next time is me (^_^)

On 2/19/2013 08:05, 1rock2king said

Congrats MR QUEEN on your 5,000 dollar win! 20 dollar scratch off's, I'm afraid to buy them. I would hate to lose 20 bucks, just like that! These days 20 bucks will get me a little gas or food to eat. Hope to buy some when I get my taxes filled out. Just depends on how much I get back if any at all. Would love to win 4 million, or anything with a substantial amount of cash on it.

On 2/19/2013 05:48, proudwelderswife said

Congrats:)

On 2/19/2013 09:54, Player said

dream like magic

On 2/20/2013 08:37, BR549 said

Looking Good Charles!

On 2/20/2013 09:06, turbo said

A little off topic,but.I did an online survey on the NCEL web site last year. The results were 70% of the people were in favor of not getting a $1 for matching 2 #s in the cash 5. Instead they perfer giving more to the ones who got 3 or 4 #s. Could you comment or start a blog on that topic?

On 2/20/2013 01:16, Lucke-Zone said

@ DENVERG9 - That's an interesting idea, and we'll pass it along.

On 2/20/2013 04:38, earl2212 said

just like i said go to a small town and you will get your "BIG" winning tickets. what little town was that that the lady k-teacher won a million dollars, just like the state leg.said in a newspaper article it's all a "SCAM"!!!!

On 2/20/2013 09:09, Lucke-Zone said

@ EARL2212 - Players from Charlotte and Greensboro also won big scratch-off prizes this week: http://bit.ly/HbkZrz

On 2/21/2013 12:33, baddcatt326 said

I don't no of any big winners here.I live in a small town.Harkers Island.

On 2/21/2013 01:38, Lucke-Zone said

@ BADDCATT326 - You do live in a small place. The truth is, a big prize or a small prize could show up in a big place or a small place. It's all luck.

On 2/22/2013 09:35, baddcatt326 said

It is small,but I'm gonna win BIG...LOL.

On 2/22/2013 10:07, earl2212 said

we won!! we won !! 4mil. dollaRS. IT'S NOT ME!! IT'S NOT ME!! IT'S NOT ME!!!! lost $30 dollars yesterday on the 20dls ticket and five (in a roll)Big money tickets(smile) still paying for somebody else. maybe someone will pay for me one day. hope that use the money wisely. Please don't give it back to the lottery! i know i wont win on this game due to the rise in gas and i can only afford a $20 ticket once a month. good luck to the rest of you.

On 2/22/2013 11:45, IamaWinner said

Hope to be a winner one day.

On 2/22/2013 01:20, IamaWinner said

Hope I can get in on the action!

On 2/22/2013 03:51, Thoward46 said

My question is why is the cash 5 prizes split when the powerball isnt, i see that more than one person can win the million dollars and it wont be split when the ticket match all five numbers, but if you match all six numbers and there be more than one winner its split, can someone explain that to me, and also congradulations to all the winners!

On 2/25/2013 01:13, Lucke-Zone said

@ THOWARD46 - Did you ask this question already on another blog entry? Powerball and Mega Millions are six-number games... if more than one ticket in a PB or MM drawing matches all six numbers, the jackpot is split, the same as Cash 5. The "match 5" prizes for Powerball and Mega Millions are set prizes, where as matching all five numbers in a Cash 5 drawing wins some or all of the jackpot.

On 2/26/2013 10:28, Thoward46 said

excuse me, i did ask this question already, i didnt see a response so thats why i asked again! Did i do something wrong in asking again????

On 2/27/2013 08:33, Lucke-Zone said

@ THOWARD46 - You didn't do anything wrong, and we don't think we did either by asking you if you asked this question already. We responded to your original question on the blog where you asked the question. Sometimes players ask us questions and then don't check back on the page where they asked. We hope this information is useful to you