Hertford County man wins $2,500 in Lucke Rewards drawing

9:47 AM

Do you use your Lucke Rewards points to enter drawings for the chance to win prizes? Joseph Bolam Jr. of Ahoskie did just that for the $2,500 Winning Wednesday drawing on Dec. 19 – and won! When he claimed his prize money at the lottery’s regional claim center in Greenville, Bolam said he was “happy and excited” when he won.

Since Nov. 7, Winning Wednesday drawings have been held each week with one $2,500 prize up for grabs. To change things up, the Wednesday drawings held in January will offer the chance to win one of five prizes of $500. You can choose to use 10 points for an entry into one of those drawings.

You can also kick off the new year by using 50 points to enter the 2013 New Year’s Cash drawing for the chance to win $25,000. Entry for that drawing begins on the first day of 2013. Take a look at the Lucke Rewards drawings page here in the Lucke Zone for more information about entry deadlines and winners.

On the subject of winners, you may have noticed in the blog comments - or even asked yourself - why it sometimes takes days for a Lucke Rewards drawing winner’s name to be announced. We understand why Lucke Zone members are interested to know! The answer is that there is a notification and claim process that must be completed before any announcement is made.

After a drawing is held, a winner receives a message from the lottery sent to the e-mail address associated with his or her Lucke Zone account. This usually happens within 24 hours after the drawing. If the player does not respond by e-mail, the lottery attempts contact by telephone. When contact can’t be made by phone, the lottery sends a letter by certified mail.

That whole process can take many days. But even then, a winner won’t be announced until he or she visits one of the lottery’s regional offices to complete the claim process. Sometimes, winners respond to the lottery’s notification and claim quickly. Other winners are more difficult to contact or need to take more time to arrange a visit to our claim center.

We’re just as excited as players are to talk about who won in Lucke Rewards drawings. So we hope this information helps show why the timing of those announcements can vary quite a bit.

On 1/03/2013 12:23, Player said

I cant wait to see myself standing there holding my check lol

On 1/03/2013 05:12, wildstar said

i didn`t get my picture taken when i won the same amout in the same contesti went to the claim center in Greensboro

On 1/03/2013 05:22, Noah0421 said

I never win.........:(

On 1/03/2013 06:40, bayt777 said

Question:How are winners selected for the weekly/monthly points drawings? Confirmation email gives only one entry number. Shouldn't the email show more than one entry number for multiple entries submitted at the same time? Example: Each entry costs ten(10) points,thirty(30) points equals three(3) entries,email only shows one entry number.Lots of luck and thanks Bayt

On 1/03/2013 09:36, ycanady said

My time is coming!

On 1/03/2013 10:17, Player said

me 2 i cant wait

On 1/04/2013 08:25, puddinpop said

I enter my tickets everyday.Hopefully soon my time will come. Congrats to all the winners

On 1/04/2013 09:04, Lucke-Zone said

@ BAYT777 - Thanks for your question. Please call this toll free number for more information: 1-800-201-0108

On 1/04/2013 09:06, Lucke-Zone said

@ WILDSTAR - Thanks for this information. Would you like to have had your picture taken? Our staff usually offers but sometimes, due to being short staffed or busy for example, that offer doesn't happen.

On 1/04/2013 10:24, Player said

I am new at this, so I have a question. Once the tickets are entered online, do you need to save the actual ticket?

On 1/04/2013 10:27, Player said

i never win did you guys think this is real ?

On 1/04/2013 10:40, shushu said

I know my ship coming in soon

On 1/04/2013 11:51, Player said

no pictures please.just winning will be enough star power. oh to be a star!!! like in jan 2013!

On 1/04/2013 03:46, kdorsett said

Do you need to keep the ticket once the numbers have been entered?

On 1/04/2013 04:34, Player said

i will. love too won won won for one time. yes

On 1/05/2013 11:25, Lucke-Zone said

@ PLAYER + KDORSETT - Once you've entered a non-winning ticket for Lucke Rewards points, it's not necessary to keep it.

On 1/05/2013 08:13, irgendwo said

your answer to BAYT777 was not satisfactory in that you referred to a free Telephone number for more details. Why not just be straight forward and give the answer on this blog page? I too wonder about this subject?!?!?!

On 1/06/2013 05:19, 1rock2king said

I find lottery tickets laying around stores and trash cans,so I pick them up and bring them home to enter them in for my points. It helps me add up some points to use in the drawings. Just found some today, just finished entering them. Good luck to all who plays the lottery, I'm sure a big win is coming my way soon.

On 1/07/2013 08:58, Lucke-Zone said

@ IEGENDWO - We are sorry that you did not find our response satisfactory. The lottery's communications staff is supposed to refer certain types of technical questions to the customer service support staff who can help with technical issues. You are welcome to call the toll free number as well! :-)

On 1/07/2013 12:20, misstp711 said

I never win anything.. I didnt think this was real. I dont play no more cause i never win..

On 1/07/2013 02:33, Lucke-Zone said

@ PLAYER (S) - Well, we certainly only want you to play if you're enjoying yourself. Whatever your choice is, we wish you the very best!

On 1/07/2013 06:59, Fatso said

It seems as though Lucke Zone is not doing the drawings as stated but going down a list of towns until you make it to each town to satisfy everyone in which case is not right because if you have a lot more people in one city putting in a lot of tickets you would think a place could win more than once but my husband and I noticed no city wins more than once which is telling us you guys are picking and choosing which city will be next not caring about how many points be it a random or not. What is really going on? This is just as bad as the sweepstake places.

On 1/07/2013 07:41, baddcatt326 said

Jus thought i ask,for all the members that enter drawings and don't win,it would be nice if some of those points we entered were given back.I buy tickets every week and i'm sure we all do but sometimes its hard to keep points on hand for other drawings.Thought i ask.

On 1/08/2013 11:37, Lucke-Zone said

@ BADDCATT326 - Well, here's two things to keep in mind. One: Lucke Reward points are an added benefit to lottery players at no additional cost. It wasn't too long ago that only some non-winning instant tickets could give you more chances to win.. now they all do! Two: its totally up to every Lucke Zone member how he or she wants to use reward points; load up on one drawing, or save 'em for upcoming ones! Best of luck :-)

On 1/08/2013 11:39, Lucke-Zone said

@ FATSO - The results of Lucke Rewards drawings are 100% random. The lottery can only operate in a way that is fair to everyone, regardless of where they live or play.

On 1/15/2013 09:39, trying to hit said

waiting on my ship to come in...thats all i got to say!! landis nc

On 1/24/2013 09:52, Sandy said

i too thinks it odd that there hasnt been a winner in Waynesville n.c. i have entered from day 1, wish i had just saved my points and entered one draw with more points MAYBE NOT! have won i usually have from 30 to 50 draws on most. Just saying i think the drawings should be done LIVE!

On 1/24/2013 11:36, Lucke-Zone said

@ SANDY - About 10,000 people live in Waynesville, and there are more than 9 million people in North Carolina. Players in Waynesville have the same chance of winning as players anywhere else, but keep in mind that its going to take a lot of luck to win a lottery prize no matter where you live. Best of luck!

On 1/25/2013 04:22, Sandy said

that was really a rude response i'm not stupid i no it takes luck but i think and so do a lot of others to this drawing needs to be done LIVE!

On 1/25/2013 06:12, Sandy said

9,000 people dont play the lottery!

On 1/25/2013 07:31, Lucke-Zone said

@ SANDY - There are more than 6,800 stores across the state that sell lottery tickets. Everyone who buys a ticket at one of those stores has a chance to win.

On 1/25/2013 07:38, Lucke-Zone said

@ SANDY - Our response wasn't meant to sound rude, it was meant to share facts that would help explain that many people across the state are playing for a chance to win, and folks in Waynesville have the same chance as anybody else. Broadcasting Lucke Rewards drawings isn't something practical that the lottery can do, but they're always conducted with an auditor present to ensure the outcome is fair.

On 3/14/2013 04:50, Vinnu said

waiting ..waiting ...waiting ..

On 5/16/2013 05:20, luckyme1 said

lets say that I have one-hundred and fifty(150) points, do I have a better chance to win if I do one(1) entry with one-hundred and fifty(150) points which equals (fifteen)15 entries OR if i do fifteen(15) entries with ten(10) points each? And how does it work? how do i know if i do win? phone call? email?

On 5/16/2013 07:58, Lucke-Zone said

@ LUCKYME1 - It's completely up to you whether you'd rather have more chances to win in one drawing or fewer chances to win in more drawings. That's part of the fun of Lucke-Rewards. The lottery attempts to notify winners of Lucke-Rewards drawings first by e-mail. If a player doesn't respond to the e-mail, the lottery attempts to reach the winner by telephone, then certified mail if necessary. Good luck!

On 5/16/2013 08:47, luckyme1 said

So i have more chances to win if I do fifteen(15) entries with ten(10) points each in one drawing, rather than I do one(1) entry with one-hundred and fifty(150) points in one drawing?

On 5/16/2013 09:32, Lucke-Zone said

@ LUCKYME1 - Correct. It's up to you whether you'd like more chances to win in one drawing compared to one chance to win in another.

On 6/27/2013 08:19, Player said

I am just grateful that I have a second chance for my non-winning tickets that would otherwise go in the trash. For those that want to complain, want it LIVE(which would cost extra money) or want to say it's a scam, go ahead and drop out so the rest of us that appreciate it have a better chance to win something. I would understand getting upset if you were paying for this opportunity but you are given this opportunity for free. So, just enjoy it and be happy! ;)

On 7/13/2013 07:54, Porknut said

How many entries on average do you get per week for the 2500 weekly drawing? It would be awesome if you posted this information for fun.

On 7/16/2013 11:48, Lucke-Zone said

@ PORKNUT - For the Winning Wednesday drawing that will be held tomorrow on July 17 - more than 141,000 entries were made. Good luck!