Davie County mechanic wins $10,000 ‘Jumbo’ prize

11:15 AM

The New Year is off to a big start for Michael Wade Wyatt of Mocksville. He scratched off a $10,000 prize playing the Jumbo Bucks ticket he bought at the Food Lion on Forest Hill Road in Lexington.

Wyatt, a mechanic, collected his winnings at the lottery’s Greensboro claim center on Jan. 3. There, he said it felt “super” to win the prize.

Jumbo Bucks is one of four games in the ‘Bucks’ series:

- Quick Bucks is a $1 game with a $5,000 top prize

- Junior Big Ol’ Bucks is a $2 game with a $50,000 top prize

- Mega Bucks is a $5 game with a $100,000 top prize

- Jumbo Bucks is a $10 game with a $750,000 top prize

“How do you like your bucks?”

On 1/10/2013 05:14, workingwoman said

this sucks iam glad he won but dam when to i win a big scratch off prize dammmm

On 1/10/2013 08:39, mudd44 said

I like jumbo bucks

On 1/10/2013 09:46, earl2212 said

i like the buck series. i think that more people should have the opportunity to win top the top prize. i won $500 off of the $10 ticket last year. do you think the lotto can get a game where at lest 20 people can win the top prize. hey! we are talking about the whole state trying to be 1 of 5 or 6 to be a winner.will there be more games add to the buck series this year.

On 1/10/2013 10:16, Player said

I am just a unlucky person thought maybe one day I would hit big so far no luck yet,why do I keep losing money playing.

On 1/11/2013 08:26, Lucke-Zone said

@ EARL2212 - The amount of prizes at different levels varies by game; our new Lucky 7's game has 12 top prizes of $7,000. Scratch-off games always have a lot more prizes than just the top prizes, so that there are more ways to win.

On 1/12/2013 12:57, Silver lady said

Is it true that its bad luck to play the same kind of card after you just won on it? Meaning, say I play a big bucks $10 card and win $100, can I still have a chance to win big on the next ticket in the pile? So I guess what I'm trying to say is, are winning cards spread out or can you win big on two or more cards in a row? I've always wondered this! Thanks!

On 1/13/2013 08:24, Player said

When I purchase ten, $10.00 tickets

On 1/14/2013 02:18, OG Rick said

Not long now.

On 1/14/2013 03:29, mimi45 said

this is my year i am feeling a big win coming on there has not been any big big winners in gastonia in a while not even online games but look out because here i come i will be the first big winner in gastonia this year big blessing coming my way thank you in advance not luck just bless

On 1/14/2013 04:19, Lucke-Zone said

@ SILVERLADY - Winning scratch-off tickets are distributed at random throughout the entire printing run of each game.. so, to answer your question: it's entirely _possible_ for two or more cards in a row to be winning tickets; its happened many times. That said, whether you win a prize on ticket A or not.. the odds of winning a prize on ticket B are always the same, which means it'll take luck to win! :-)

On 1/14/2013 08:32, 232232 said

I LIKE JUMBO BUCKS AND DO WIN OFF OF THEM..........WISH I COULD GET THE TOP PRIZE LOL...THE WROSE TICKETS THAT YOU CAME OUT WITH IS THE WIN 4 LIFE........IVE BOUGHT AROUND 100 DOLLARS WORTH AND HAVE NOT AS MUCH AS WON 1 DOLLAR BACK..........THAT STINKS !!!!!!!!!! I WILL STICK WITH VA WIN FOR LIFE ON LINE...........

On 1/15/2013 11:04, earl2212 said

there should be an option to the winner of having your name and picture shown to the public if you win 100k or more. there are other states that have that option. most people play because they need to win but they don't wont to feel hunted for the rest of their lives. (True Story) my aunt won VERY BIG in Phila and nobody knew it until she died. she left her church a lot of money for the youth programs.

On 1/17/2013 03:20, RedRooster4 said

I like my prize in cold,hard cash.