For Robert Smith of Laurinburg, it wasn’t a jumbo jackpot - but rather a Jumbo Bucks ticket - that led to a $750,000 prize. “I’ve hit $1,000 several times, but I never dreamed I’d hit this much,” he said. “It was a shock.” Besides being excited about the prospect of getting beach property, Smith said he planned to talk to a CPA immediately. “This is life-changing money right here,” he said. “I want to do this right.”
Winners of four Cash 5 jackpots came to lottery headquarters for their prize money. Willie and Candy Williams – a father and daughter from Goldsboro – won $548,585 in the June 6 drawing. Saudy Charles of Charlotte and Sam Hardy of Greenville each had a ticket that matched all five numbers in the Aug. 11 drawing to split the $227,470 jackpot, to win $113,737 each. David Underwood of Smithfield won $50,000 in the Aug. 12 drawing.
Five lucky Powerball tickets matched four white balls and the Powerball in recent drawings. Connie Hunt of Fairmont Power Played her way to $40,000 on the ticket she bought at the Sundo Kwik Shop on South Roberts Ave. in Lumberton. Prizes of $10,000 were awarded to: Richard Norris of Benson, David Parish of Raleigh, Gregory Viverette of Nashville, and a group of five players whose winning ticket was purchased at the Kangaroo Express on Tryon Road in Cary.
Six other players scratched their way to big prizes. They are:
- Jose Chavez Alarcon of Morrisville, who won $50,000 playing Junior Big Ol’ Bucks
- William Gosney of Charlotte, who won $20,000 playing Fire ‘N Dice
- Kyle Jones of Swansboro, who won $20,000 playing 7-11-21
- Timothy Lancaster of Pikeville, who won $10,000 playing 20X The Money
- Kim Mosley of Winston-Salem, who won $10,000 playing Carolina Black
- Maria Nunez De Martinez of Charlotte, who won $10,000 playing Diamond 7s
In all, players won more than $25.4 million in prizes since last Friday’s big winner wrap-up. We hope you all have a fun and safe weekend. See you next time here in the Lucke-Zone.
Login to leave a comment.