Triple 8’s mean $3.7 million in Pick 3 prizes

11:24 AM

For the fourth time in as many months, Pick 3 players are “seeing triple.” The combination 8-8-8 appeared in the evening Pick 3 drawing for Sunday, Dec. 9, leading to $3.7 million in prizes.

A total of 5,765 tickets were $1 exact wagers, making them worth $500 each. An additional 3,488 tickets were $.50 wagers and are worth $250 apiece. Prizes won playing draw games must be claimed within 180 days.

In the afternoon drawing on Sept. 15, players won $1.3 million on triple 9’s. On the evening of Sept. 5, the combination 4-4-4 led to $2.1 million in prizes. Players won $1.6 million on the afternoon of Aug. 11 when triple 7’s were the winning numbers.

Of the 1000 possible number combinations that could be the winning numbers in a Pick 3 drawing, ten of them are “trips.” Congratulations to the winners and best of luck to everyone in the next drawing!

On 12/10/2012 05:10, karolinakydd said

My first $500 win ever on Pick 3!!! Hope it will not be my last!!

On 12/10/2012 07:58, Trinity1 said

My time is coming soon not working in school full time.

On 12/10/2012 08:26, Marva said

i was lucky enough to have played the triple 8's sunday night, just in time for Christmas. Merry Christmas and good luck to all the lottery players.

On 12/11/2012 10:47, scorpionking said

666 is next and 444 showing up this month.

On 12/12/2012 09:14, Player said

Wow! hope i will be a winner soon for my family...

On 12/13/2012 12:29, IMBOSSY22 said

@Scorpionking im playing the trip 444 too. It seems like u know what u r doing.lol. Can i email u?

On 12/14/2012 02:54, mowalljr said

Congrats on the win MARVA! I too had tickets on the 888. I first thought I had only won on 2 tickets and then saw I had 3 of them. It was perfect timing for me as well. I think the 4's will show on the pick 4 before the pick three and feel 333 is coming soon,,, very soon. I called my wife the week before the 888, telling her I had a queasy feeling in my stomach and 20 minutes later hit $100 on the pick four. I told her Sunday it was still there and sure enough the 8's hit. I still have that feeling. It's like a nervous stomach when you feel something is going to happen.

On 12/15/2012 09:56, GrandMom said

I have been waiting since 2006 to win something, anything. Finally somone in my town won a big prize. It wasn't me but at least there is hope for us in this little town.

On 12/16/2012 03:21, GrandMom said

what are the odds of the same number that came out yesterday evening came out again on Sunday afternoon? How can that be possible?

On 12/16/2012 03:22, GrandMom said

Why bother posting comments when they are never posted

On 12/17/2012 11:20, Lucke-Zone said

@ MAYBABY - Comments by Lucke Zone members are posted. We just have to review them for vulgar language and evaluate whether or not the comment needs to be responded to. The odds of any particular number coming out are always the same for every drawing, regardless of what numbers were drawn in a previous drawing.

On 12/18/2012 10:28, GrandMom said

OK....... I will keep that in mine when I play my number. Thanks for responding. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.

On 12/18/2012 01:44, gorams15 said

Maybaby, I made a comment about that more than once here, the same numbers being played over and over. Lucke Zone calls it the odds. You can best believe the odds are against you. People winning off quick picks on big money and 3 years deep playing some of the same and nothing. Some never or hardly play and the odds start working for them. To many people playing to win, thats why I continue working.

On 12/18/2012 04:08, Lucke-Zone said

@ GORAMS15 - The results of this afternoon's or tonight's drawing have zero effect on the odds in the next drawing, its always 1 in 1000 for every combination... and for that reason, players who Quick Pick and choose their own numbers have the exact same chance of winning on every ticket.

On 12/18/2012 04:09, Lucke-Zone said

@ MAYBABY - Thanks we hope you enjoy the holidays too and have a great 2013!

On 12/18/2012 04:58, Litrevia said

Hello! I put in 3 entries for the $25,000 Holiday drawing through Lucke-Rewards! The 3 entries were showing for quite a while! Today it is showing that I have no entries in that drawing! WHERE DID MY ENTRIES GO!!!!!! SMH PLEASE! DON'T TELL ME THAT MY ENTRIES JUST DISAPPEARED!!!!

On 12/19/2012 08:51, Lucke-Zone said

@ LITREVIA - For assistance, please call this number to discuss the issue that you're seeing: 1-800-201-0108

On 12/19/2012 10:00, Deep1 said

I will say this, NC has the lowest payout on the Pick 4 of most of the states I've seen. I just cant conceive that a state of 9 million people has a payout of only $12,000 in a particular drawing.

On 12/20/2012 01:36, devona said

Ok I did hit the trip8s..but what takes so long on the results for the weekly drawing?

On 12/20/2012 10:05, Lucke-Zone said

@ DEVONA - Congrats on winning on the 8-8-8. As far as announcing the winners of Lucke Rewards drawings: within 48 hours of the drawing, the lottery attempts to contact the winner at the e-mail address associated with their Lucke Zone account. If that contact isn't successful, the lottery then attempts contact by telephone and then certified mail. A winner's name cannot be announced until he or she travels to one of the lottery's regional claim centers to successfully complete the claim process. So you can see that all that can take a week or longer.

On 12/20/2012 10:14, Lucke-Zone said

@ DEEP1 - Pretty sure we've talked about the payout question before. The NCEL awards a $5,000 top prize in the Pick 4 game. How many of those prizes are awarded depends entirely on how many players happened to have a $1 exact ticket for the winning combination; the lottery has no control over that. Did you notice when Carolina Pick 4 players won $7.5 million in one drawing? http://bit.ly/P4zvEX

On 12/30/2012 10:29, Litrevia said

Thanks & disregard my other comments pertaining this same matter. Happy New Year!